1. Decoration with Rangoli (Colors & Flowers), 1 Big and 25 Small Paper Lamp and Jhaalars
2. Music/Songs with Orchestra (Professionals) with Instruments and Music Systems
3. Lunch for all (Residents & Umang Volunteers)
4. Sweets for all (We have brought Kaju Katli, Ladoo and Chaakri for all)
5. Set of ‘4’ Diyas, Candle Box, 1 Spectacles Cover, 1 Medicine Box and Candles for every residents (we have gifted 200 decorative Diyas)
Once again Members of Umang Foundation has brought the smile on many faces and celebrated Diwali festival with variety of music and decoration at Old Age Home.
Almost every Umang Member have started their day at approx 06:30 AM on Saturday October 25, 2008 and as per schedule we have reached the Old Age Home between 09:15 - 09:20 AM.
We have taken morning tea and breakfast at Kisan Gopal Rajpuriya Vanprasatha Aasram (Old Age Home), Bhayendar West, Mumbai.
10:00 AM: We have started the music with "Ganesh Stuti" followed by many memorable Old Bollywood Songs. Residents at Old Age Home liked the music and all the songs sung by Umang Volunteers so much that they even forget about their Lunch and we have to asked them again and again to go for lunch.
• "Kisi ki muskurahat par ho nisaar..."
• "Raja ki aayegi Baarat, rangili hogi raat..."
• "Jhoom Jhoom ke nacho aaj..."
• "Bekraar karke humein yuh naa jayiye..."
• "Tu pyaar ka saagar hai..."
• "Mohabbat zinda rehti hai..."
• "Aa chal ke tujhe mein le ke chalu..."
• "Chalte chalte yuhi koi mil gaya tha..."
• "Kasme vaade pyaar waf sab baatien hai baato ka kya..."
• "Chandi ki deewar naa todiye..."
• and many more....(30-35 songs were there....in fusion too)
We have also arranged a Mimicry "Ravan ki Pagaar naa milne par kya hota hai" which was again liked by everyone followed by many other fillers for the show.
By this time all the residents are in mood to enjoy and start coming up themselves with a little push to sing the songs and shayris.
01:00 PM : We have arranged a Lunch for all the Residents and Volunteers which was started with serving lunch to Residents and after lunch we have arranged a "Bhajan Time" which was attended by few residents as many of them moved for rest in their rooms and most of them came back to the common room after half and hour.
03:30 PM : It's a time for TEA for all which we have served with Ladoo and Chaakri.
Between 1:00 PM and 04:00 PM all the volunteers got a good time to interact with residents.
04:00 PM: It's time to say "Good Bye - Happy Diwali and Fir Milenge", till this time all the residents and volunteers are so emotionally attached that its tough to say these words from both sides but Umang Volunteers with cheerful smiles on their faces gave a gifts of "Diyas", "Candles", "Spectacles Case" and "Small Medicine Box" to all residents.
On the Way back we have splitted into two groups; One group towards Feri from Gorai Beach and other followed the way to Bhayendar Station.
On behalf of Umang Foundation I would like to thank each and everyone for their participation and would like to congratulate personally to make this event a memorable successful event.
For More Photographs :